May 7, 2019: The Global Energy Parliament (GEP) invites its Youth Parliamentarians to join an exciting International Essay Competition on "Creating a Society Full of Kindness," which aims to inspire society to learn from young minds. It also helps us to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world. Send us your essays by June 1!
The Essay Competition is open for children up to 15, and youth up to 25 years of age, anywhere in the world. In addition to writing a 700-word essay, this competition also has an activity. You must carry out 10 acts of kindness to serve as an inspiration for your essay.
“Creating a Society Full of Kindness”
What does “Kindness” mean to you? How do you think we can create a kinder society?
** Youth members, think about: How can the “I-Theory” help you understand the science behind kindness? Watch this video
1. Register as a Member of the Students’ Energy Parliament, if you are not already.
2. In addition to writing an essay, there is also an activity. You should carry out ten acts of kindness, and then use your experience as inspiration in writing your essay (your essay does not need to be about your acts of kindness).
3. Submit your essay to GEP's Head Youth Coordinator in one of the following age categories: a) Children (ages up to 14); b) Youth (ages 15 - 25). [You must be born after June 15, 1993.]
4. Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish, German or Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed and sent by email by June 1, 2019 to info(at)global-energy-parliament.net.
5. A cover page should be included with (1) your name (2) category (Children or Youth) (3) age as of June 15, 2019 (4) gender (5) nationality (6) address (7) e-mail (8) phone number (9) school name (if applicable) (10) your essay title (11) language (12) word count (13) list of ten acts of kindness you performed (describe briefly).
6. Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
7. Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
8. Copyright of the essays entered will be assigned to the organizer.
9. The Global Energy Parliament is acting as a Youth Coordinator for the Contest, and is not responsible for the decisions taken by the Jury.
Entries must be sent to the GEP Youth Coordinators by June 1, 2019.
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
1st Prize: Certificate, prize of approx. US$900 : 1 entrant
2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of approx. US$450 : 2 entrants
3rd Prize: Certificate and gift : 5 entrants
Honourable Mention: Certificate and gift : 25 entrants
* 1st prize winners will be invited to the award ceremony to be held in Tokyo, Japan (travel expenses paid). * Additional awards will be given, if applicable. * All prize winners will be announced on November 15, 2019. * Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2019. * Exact amount of Prize Money depends upon exchange rates. Current rates for 100,000 and 50,000 Japanese Yen are given as of May 2019.
Head Youth Coordinator
Global Energy Parliament
Whatsapp: +91 9497859337